Working for a global consultancy on-site for one of their large insurance companies. They are particularly looking for significant experience in delivering business analysis activities associated with data migration programs of work.
Exposure to and understanding of the Australian Life insurance industry in order to perform complex product/policy associated business process analysis, and also data analysis to aid the execution of IT solutions with business initiatives for complex data migrations is essential.
You will serve as a subject matter expert and the liaison between technical personnel and non-technical personnel in defining data transformation rules in migrating data from source system to target system. A strong focus on data analysis, data mapping, and data migration rules. Document technical documentation specifications in line with data migration activities.
The role will involve the following;
- Plans and designs complex business processes and system modifications in line with data migration activities.
- Gathers business requirements through analysis of existing systems and discussions with SME's and system understanding through a variety of techniques such as work sessions and interviews and data analysis.
- Analyzes and documents client complex business processes and data migration transformation activities; communicates these requirements to appropriate parties including the technical requirements for the developers to execute.
- Assists in creating complex test case scenarios to be used in testing; assists in monitoring/overseeing the testing of business applications to verify that all client requirements are incorporated into the system design.
- Provides input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs with a focus on data migration and transformation activities. Documents business and technical specifications to support these modifications.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings with clients to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Coordinates business analyst tasks on IT projects and provides project team member guidance and support. May plan, allocate and monitor work of other business analysts.
- Participates in technical reviews and inspections to verify 'intent of change' is carried through the entire project.
- Provides time estimates for project related tasks.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of business analysis experience
- Proven experience working with data migration projects
- Proven understanding of Insurance business process and policy lifecycle with a strong focus on life insurance
- Experience working with the interface of information technology with functional groups within an organization
- Experience working with business processes and re-engineering
- Experience working with computer programming concepts and basic language Other Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills to present to management and customers
- Good leadership skills to coordinate, oversee and lead team/project members
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel
This is an urgent contract role. Successfully shortlisted applicants will clearly demonstrate the reqruied knowledge and experience. For more info contact Aparna on email@example.com