Be a part of a nationally renowned and large operator of the electrical distribution network as a Technical Business Analyst.
- 12-Month Contract Opportunity
- Hybrid Work Flexibility based in Western Sydney
- Competitive Daily Rate
The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and clearly articulating, in conjunction with business stakeholders, specific business needs and the agreed context within which Technology will be delivered; to translate business requirements into functional solution design specifications consistent with project scope and objectives enabling efficient and effective solutions to be implemented. The Business Analyst is also responsible for end-to-end business process design and optimization to meet business requirements. Additionally, the Business Analyst will design, coordinate, and perform all levels of solution testing on projects.
- Stakeholder Engagement - liaise with a range of business stakeholders to facilitate and identify information requirements across various parts of the organisation and support aspects of the project life cycle, including change management with business stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of Technology projects.
- Business Requirements Definition - analyse needs then clearly define and document business requirements to ensure a clear and common understanding of the basis upon which the scope of potential projects will be based.
- Scope and Objectives - under general direction, and using information technology and industry knowledge, formulate and define systems scope and objectives to provide a foundation upon which project activity can be undertaken and reviewed.
- Business Benefit - defining and implementing plans to realise business benefits as well as tracking and reporting of business benefits.
- Project Initialisation - support aspects of the systems life cycle including preparation of business proposals and feasibility studies to provide appropriate rigor to project proposals.
- Process analysis - Analysis and design of as is and to be business processes to meet new business and technology opportunities and constraints
- Impact Assessment - consider the business implications of the application of technology to current and potential environments to enable effective management of business impacts.
- Project Delivery - validate alternative solutions and technologies that are likely to bring about timely and high-quality systems solutions. Assist in the management of projects to drive improved efficiency and functionality of business processes.
- Implementation - build relationships with users, technical staff and management to facilitate the determination and resolution of issues associated with systems implementation.
- Testing - develop and execute test plans and test cases as well as user training plans to ensure the quality of the solution and its smooth introduction.
Key Accountabilities continued
- Undertaking detailed analyses in relatively short time frames with sufficient consulting expertise to extract appropriate needs from business stakeholders.
- Articulating needs in a way that can be understood by multiple stakeholders whose understanding and technical knowledge may vary.
- Gaining agreement on project requirements with relevant stakeholders and limiting changes in scope to approved requirements.
- All roles in the Technology Branch are expected to have a proven understanding of modern Cyber Security principals in an enterprise environment and how these impact on the Critical Infrastructure License Conditions imposed on the company by the state government.
Qualifications, Certifications and Licences
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Project Management, or IT
Skills and Experience
- Base Professional with experience in a similar/professional role within Energy / Electrical, Telecommunications or Utilities sector
- Communication (writing & reporting) - Writes clearly, succinctly, and correctly, avoiding unnecessary jargon and complicated language.
- Computer Capability/Data Entry - Data entry requiring focus and concentration to ensure accuracy.
- Analytical - Ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key issues that need to be addressed.
- Commercial Thinking/Awareness - Understanding the impact of implications of internal decisions and events on other parts of the organisation.
- Planning/Organising/Detail Oriented - Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organisational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
Skills - Other:
- Cyber Security principals in an enterprise environment
If interested and you think you're the right person for this opportunity, please select APPLY or contact Gian at email@example.com quoting reference number 245072.