Our client is a leader within the defence sector, they are currently seeking a Systems Safety Engineer to join on an initial 12-month contract.
The system safety engineer is responsible for performing the safety studies and analysis during the program lifecycle as well as analysing the customer requirements related to safety and will take part in the bid phase of project.
About the role
You would be involved in,
- To perform / participate to the initial engineering safety assessment of the organisation's equipment during the bid phase and participate to the redaction of the proposal.
- To perform / participate to the engineering safety studies of the organisations equipment in the context of different business lines/units in coordination with different departments (system engineering and software engineering, hardware engineering, logistic) and produce the safety case report of system or product.
- To conducting Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), Preliminary System Safety Assessments (PSSA) and System Safety Assessments (SSA) commensurate with the processes, standards and best practices employed by Air Traffic Management domain.
- To effectively communicate with project engineering resources to develop mitigations to hazards
- To work with designs teams and the Project Design Authority to implement safe system architectures and development assurance practices that ensure product compliance to applicable hardware and software system safety standards.
The successful applicant will have experience in:
- Experience on safety domain and/or system engineering
- Knowledge of international standards of the safety domain: Safety Assessment Methodology EUROCONTROL, ARP4761, MIL-STD-882E
- Good analysis skills (overview, capacity of synthesis, relational)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of ATM domain
- Knowledge of product: TopSky
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Chaitali on (02) 9269 8798 and quote job #247671