Peoplebank are currently recruiting for a Systems Modeller to work within the Defence industry, based in Adelaide.
You will need a Defence Security Clearance / NV1 to be eligible for this role.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Director, as a System Modeller you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a Future Submarine Program (FSP) Support System Model in support of the FSP Model Based System Engineering policy.
The Support System Modeller is responsible for both the production and management of a systems engineering model of the capability needs of the FSP Support System scenarios and performance measures that describe the FSP Support System capability required by the Royal Australian Navy.
The Support System Modeller will perform the following:
- Modelling the capability needs, scenarios and measures as captured in the SEA1000 Operational Concept Document (OCD) and derived from the FSP Operational Analysis program;
- Model the Support system architectures in the Commonwealth of Australia's (CoA) System Model, including scenarios, data-flow diagrams and black-box system definition;
- Coordinate systems architecture and modelling activities with Naval Group and Lockheed Martin Australia (LMA) for the Support System elements allocated to the contractors, including data reporting, exchange and model migration;
- Coordinate with the Systems Architect and Modelling Manager, using the CoA systems modelling tool, integration with DOORS, and the use of Systems Engineering policies, plans and guidelines;
- Coordinate with the Systems Architect and Modelling Manager and Mission Systems Modeller to ensure a consistent approach and to define the interfaces between the two models;
- Support the conduct of cost/capability and capability/capability trade-offs;
- Support safety modelling and the definition of system function criticality;
- In conjunction with the Requirements Manager assure the flow-down of Functional Performance Specification (FPS) requirements to subsystems; and
- Support the Systems Architect and Modelling Manager in the planning and management of systems engineering activities and related efforts in the wider FSP technical office.
The Support System Modeller will need to be flexible and work collaboratively with the Commonwealth and the other service providers contracted to the Commonwealth.
The Support System Modeller will be required to work with and take into account contributions and feedback provided by Commonwealth and other stakeholders in the development of deliverables.
This is a rare opportunity, so don't delay and APPLY NOW for our immediate and confidential consideration.