A successful, established and well-known high profile Wealth Management company are looking to hire a Systems Engineer with experience working in complex wealth management environment or financial services environment. Reporting to the infrastructure manager, this role will focus on delivery of systems solutions in a Wintel environment focussing on O365, Active Directory, cyber security & back-end support of finance systems like Swift and IRESS. You will also gain exposure to CCTV, network and physical security systems integrations.
As an experienced Systems Engineer, you will work closely with the Technical Services team on technical projects, advanced technical implementations, upgrades and maintenance, and providing technical support for on-premise and cloud infrastructure, software and applications. Ability to work with and guide an MSP is important.
You will work closely with the project delivery team and the business to support core wealth management systems and related integrations with counterparty systems to develop new functionality. You will also be responsible for continuous improvements to mature the IT systems, services and processes.
Skills and experience required:
- Administrative maintenance, monitoring and support across the infrastructure stack both internally and 3rd Party Vendors
- Perform general Systems Administration (Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP)
- Provide technical support for Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and finance applications (such as SWIFT, IRESS, trueBroker)
- Experience with some design and implementation of new systems, applications, and services in consultation with the leadership team
- Liaise with vendors and partners to drive and extract value from technology investments
- Planning and implementation of new applications including the underlying infrastructure
- Must have experience working with complex finance systems.
- Working closely with Information Security in managing cyber security
- Act as point of escalation for technical queries from colleagues.
- Interact with vendors, driving delivery and performance
In depth understanding of key core IT technologies including, but not limited to:
- Office 365 (including SharePoint / OneDrive)
- Windows Server (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, IIS, RDS, etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Azure (Active Directory, App Service, Teams, Intune, SendGrid, Virtual machines)
You will need to be logical and methodical with a strong attention to detail and a self-starter. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who is pragmatic, supportive and able to deal with regular changing priorities. You will demonstrate significant hands-on experience working in a mission critical environment and have worked in Financial Services previously. Your communication skills must be outstanding and should be capable of easily building rapport with stakeholders at all levels from C-Suite to customer facing roles, can think outside the box, and are a self-starter.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary package, flexible working (2-3 days in the office ideally) be Sydney based. This company is committed to the ongoing development of their employees, have a great culture and a very stable team. If you would like to understand more about this role and opportunity, please apply now and quote #248208