About the role
- Provide systems engineering services for each JP9321 project system delivery, including requirements engineering, support for the design, security and logistics solutions, testing support, and support for the Transition into Service phase.
- Systems engineering processes will be in accordance with the MPI Design Management processes and procedures that are guided by CIOG's Technical Assurance Framework (TAF).
- The systems engineer will provide support primarily to the Technical Team lead and to other specialist staff such as security and logistics leads.
- End to end architecture development support may also be required, therefore a knowledge of the Department of Defence Architecture Framework (DODAF) and Defence ISREW capability is desirable.
- Develop and document the Systems Requirements Specification (SRS) for each ICT system that requires integration into the Defence Single Information Environment (SIE).
- Support the Technical Team Lead in the development and documentation of the High Level Design (HLD) to meet the SIE integration requirements defined in an SRS.
- Develop and document a Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) for each ICT system to be integrated into the SIE.
- Develop and document a Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) for each ICT system to be integrated into the SIE.
- Provide support to the project System Security Lead and Technical Team lead in developing the security documentation suite required to obtain Defence Certification and Accreditation for each SIE integration solution.
- Support the Technical Team Lead and 3rd party solution provider(s) in the development and documentation of the detailed design for each ICT system SIE integration solution.
- Support the Technical Team Lead in the management and review of the test procedures, Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM) and test report from the 3rd party provider(s) for each ICT system SIE integration solution.
- Support the project Integrated Logistics lead in the development of Logistics Support Concept (LSC), Integrated Logistics Support Plan (ILSP) and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) for each ICT system SIE integration solution.
- Support the required MPI system delivery reviews for each ICT System SIE integration solution: Systems Requirement Review (SRR), System Definition Review (SDR), Detailed Design Review (DDR), Test Readiness Review (TRR) and Transfer of Support Responsibilities (TSR).
Skills and experience
- Proven experience in systems engineering services, preferably in the Defence environment, is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in defining and specifying IT systems interoperability, ideally in a Defence environment, is highly desirable.
- Skilled and effective communicator, both spoken and written with the ability to convey complex ideas to non IT audience
- Ability to work in a team environment, participate in project meetings and engage with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Effective planner with efficient time management skills.
- Ability to conduct research, as well as rapidly learn new concepts and tasks, with a view of improving technical knowledge and skills.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Abegail Baniqued on 02 9054 0955 quoting reference 206552.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.