- Initial 6 months contract
- Large Data Centre Relocation Project
- Competitive Daily Rate
Our client a leader in its field is currently looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer (Data Centre) to work on a large data centre relocation project. In this role you will be responsible for providing expert services in relation to implementing, managing, operating and supporting the monitoring of the IT Server environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in SCOM (Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager) and in hardware monitoring tools like Dell Open Manage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and support data centres to ensure SLAs are achieved and the data centre environment uptime is maximised
- Implement and manage a stable and robust server/system monitoring and alerting environment
- Maintain, configure and implement various monitoring systems to create proactive notifications when hardware and software components fail and drive timely rectification and notification to system owners
- Coordinate and liaise with vendors as necessary to ensure rapid return to service.
- Assist with the racking and placement of equipment in the data centres
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least 4 years' experience in a medium to large scale IT environment as a System Engineer (Data Centre)
- Solid experience in writing policies and procedures and other support documentation.
- ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring IT systems through tools such as Dell OpenManage Essentials,
- Microsoft SCOM. Nagios would also be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in Enterprise level Remote Access technologies with iDRAC/iLO or similar technologies
- Sound understanding of Data Centre procedures for Adds, Deletes and Changes
- Excellent Communication Skills