About the role
This role will coordinate & execute the requirement review, technical analysis and change implementation within the programs scope as aligned to the existing cybersecurity strategy, solutions, services, processes and information protection needs to identify changes that lead to business improvements. The information security uplift project aims to implement additional information security controls such as increased monitoring and network segmentation as well as expand existing capacity in logging and monitoring systems. The project also involves the hardening of a wide range of infrastructure types across a broad range of business units. The project will be run out of the IT Project Delivery Team, steered by the Information Security Team and Architecture Services, and will work closely with system owners across the organisation
You will be a seasoned Systems Administrator who has preferably worked in large, complex public sector environments. Security engineering exposure would be highly regarded and will have included implementing innovative security controls in complex heterogenous environments that have a broad range of business and technical stakeholders. You will have good Unix, Windows, firewall and network technology experience and a sound understanding of applicable security controls.
Skills and experience
- System administration experience ideally in a higher education Environment.
- Security engineering knowledge/background would be highly regarded
- Applicable certifications that demonstrate technical knowledge.
- Strong exposure to upgrading and hardening legacy operating systems and web applications.
- Demonstrated experience in translating solution designs into technical specifications and implementation steps as per the business requirements documents.
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to engage and facilitate effective conversations with system owners and application owners.
- Experience operating in project environment from conception to delivery ideal but not essential
- Self-managed with good organisation skills, multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control including performing system/unit testing.
- Preferably experienced supporting information security initiatives, large-scale transformational projects, ideally in a large complex environment
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Eugene on 02 82672467 quoting reference 242513 .
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.