About the company:
Our client specialises in providing a diverse range of professional IT services and support for small to medium sized businesses and is renowned for being prompt, communicative and providing quality services to our clients.
They are a Canberra based IT MSP and IP Telephony (VOIP) provider, mainly catering to ACT market only and clients include small to medium sized businesses, NFP & Charities, Embassies and government affiliated organizations.
They have been in business for more than 14 years, with few of their employees being part of the organization for more than 10 years now.
About the role:
- The role requires client interaction (verbal, written, and in person) - so the candidate must be a communicator and be able to manage client interactions.
- The candidate has a chance to make their own success (ie, have self-discipline, manage their own work flow, provide good advice to their clients, and be there to support it afterwards)
- We have flexible working arrangements available (including substantial work from home time) for staff members that are able to demonstrate they can manage their work load effectively
- A broad-spread of technology skills required (dealing with a range of issue from workstations, servers, security, networking, and 365/cloud products)
- We are looking for someone that might be classified as 'senior' (ie, they were the senior technician that undertook migration between servers, or different technologies)
- The ability to work as a team player is almost as important as technical skills. We do work as a team, and we want that balance maintained.
- This role would be suitable for someone that has worked with MSPs in a senior position, and is a good communicator. ie, they can manage their time and people, but like solving technical problems more. (explaining technical issues to non-technical stakeholders)
- Complete client life-cycle management (pre-sales/inspections, installation, troubleshooting & support, end of life & migration to newer technology, client projects).
- Dealing with both on-premises equipment, as well as cloud products.
- Network and system security improvements.
- System maintenance, and critical recurring tasks.
- Documentation and client reporting.
To be successful in this role you:
- Must have recent industry qualifications and/or vendor certifications (eg. Microsoft, CompTIA, etc) obtained at least in the last 2 years.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in the setup, maintaining and troubleshooting of Microsoft Server and Exchange environments.
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud environments (Office 365, Azure, etc).
- Experience with Active Directory and Exchange migrations to both on premises and cloud.
- A strong experience with multiple types of backup hardware and software technologies.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of networking principles (including DNS, DHCP, and VPN technologies).
- We are interested in a candidate who has a deeper knowledge or experience in the inner workings of some technologies we've mentioned. As an example - someone who has not simply had experience promoting a domain controller or adding a user account but someone who knows how to detect and recover from a USN rollback, has experience migration from FRS to DFS replication for SYSVOL or someone who knows the difference between a non- authoritative and an authoritative restore.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens able to obtain government and other clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Cinar Irfan 02 6268 9702 quoting Job Reference: 210943
*Please note that this role requires relocation to Canberra