Our Federal Government Client is seeking the services of an experienced System Operations Technical Team Leader for a contract opportunity in Canberra's North. Within this role you will be responsible for all server issues in our Client's complex environment, whereby you will proactively maintain, monitor and replace infrastructure to ensure continued service delivery.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold a Federal Government Security Clearance to apply. Those holding a NV1 clearance are preferred.
Role responsibilities include:
- Providing technical advice and expertise on strategies to improve and maintain our Client's data centre services to meet business needs and security requirements.
- Planning and undertaking complex research and project work to provide robust, reliable, fit for purpose and well-maintained data centres in accordance with corporate priorities and the government's Information Security framework.
- Anticipating problems and contributing to issues management, taking ownership of all availability, capacity and performance issues
- Supervising/managing the System Operations team, building capability within the team through coaching, providing performance feedback, and encouraging career development
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to manage and enhance operational efficiency of System Operations, with an emphasis on proper planning and project management.
- Demonstrated skills and well-developed understanding of:
- VMWare vSphere 6.5
- Windows Server 2016/2012 R2/2008 R2
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Australian Signals Directorate security requirements as well as the following desirable areas:
- Skype for Business 2016
- VMWare Airwatch
- Demonstrated experience working as a Team Lead, providing management, mentorship and performance management
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Syed Hasnain on 02 6245 1703 quoting Job Reference: 193782.
Please note only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.