About the Role
A Managed Services Provider (MSP) based in an Eastern suburb requires a generalist System Administrator to join its team. This is a new role which has been created due to the growth of the business. In this role you will be sitting in an infrastructure team attending to escalations from the Service Desk alongside another System Administrator to deliver services to this MSP's clients. This role will suit a customer focused System Administrator who is keen to continue learning and see their ideas/initiatives implemented. You will need your own vehicle for this role as part of your responsibilities will be to travel to client sites (metropolitan travel).
- Maintenance of IT systems (back ups, upgrades etc.)
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software both onsite and remote
- Monitoring of systems / monitoring of Anti-Virus
- Provide recommendations on IT systems and processes
- Client site visits and onsite client meetings, travelling to customer sites to perform required duties will be a large part of your role.
- Liaise with vendors/service providers.
- Attending to any service requests escalated up from the Service Desk
- Prioritise requests and reach timely resolutions
- Create and develop documentation
About the Successful Candidate
- Previous experience working in an MSP is preferred but not essential, alternatively experience supporting customers across a range of industries such as Healthcare and more.
- Previous experience working in a customer focused environment.
- Comfortable in a client facing role to deliver solutions and services.
- Industry certifications will be looked upon favourably (e.g. Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco)
- Relevant Tertiary education (Information Technology etc.)
- Open to using your own vehicle for client site visits as well as having a valid Australian drivers licence (you will be reimbursed fuel/mileage).
Technical skills required:
- Proficient in PowerShell scripting to automate system tasks is a absolute must
- Advanced experience with Microsoft products including most recent versions of Windows, Windows Servers (2008/2012/2016), AD, Exchange and SCCM.
- Experience supporting Citrix as well as working with Server Virtualisation Tools (Hyper-V, VMware).
- Previous experience with MSP management and automation tools (e.g. N-Able)
- Ability to build desktops, server hardware and operating systems
- TCP/IP and networking knowledge
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and understanding of Service Desk tools
Please note - you will need your own vehicle and a valid Australian drivers license for this position, this will not be provided by the organisation. There is free onsite parking and travel costs will be reimbursed.