Our high-profile Federal Government Client is seeking the expertise of a Data Protection/Storage Engineer for a contract role. This is an ASAP engagement for 12 months initially (options to extend for a further 2 x 12 months) and is working out of our Client's location based in Canberra.
You will be a self-starter and possess great interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with peers and stakeholders at various levels.
- 3+ years' demonstrated experience in operating the data protection solutions used within the Department (EMC data protection suite).
- Demonstrated experience in operating at least one of the Storage solutions deployed in the Department (EMC and HDS).
- Demonstrated ability in applying technical knowledge to ensure solutions are implemented effectively and with a strong emphasis on quality and compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in producing data protection and storage design documentation.
- Experience in facilitating the continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems.
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas of high risk and escalate where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders within the Department, vendors and External Service Providers.
- Sound understanding of Windows and Unix operating systems.
- Relevant IT tertiary qualifications in the following would be an advantage:
- SRM Reporting tool Administration;
- ViPR Configuration and Administration;
- HP Storage Management;
- EMC Storage Management;
- Hitachi Storage Management;
- Avamar Data Protection Management;
- Networker Data Protection Management;
- Netbackup Data Protection Management.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sinthu Thomas on 02 6245 1738 quoting Job Reference: 188272.
Due to the nature of the requirement, candidates must be Australian Citizens
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.