Are you a dynamic thinker passionate about improving systems?
Within our leading consulting client you will make solutions real and deliver exceptional business outcomes by improving systems and effectiveness.
Key responsibilities include;
- Ensure availability of critical data center infrastructure through pro-active monitoring and event management.
- Take ownership of critical incident resolution, driving incidents to closure.
- Rapidly troubleshoot and solve complex technology problems to restore production system availability in a structured, timeous manner.
- Manage and execute infrastructure BCP and DR processes when required.
- Review root cause of incidents and work with appropriate teams to ensure continuous improvement of the technology environment.
- Apply effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a service impacts.
- Maintain and analyze metrics to identify trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs
- Manage technical operations with adherence to strict SLAs for Availability, Incident and Problem resolution.
- Ensure service management processes are applied properly and consistently.
Position requirements include;
- The successful candidate will form part of a team of technology experts running an operations center in the Perth CBD.
- The position is staffed on an even-time shift basis. Working 12 hour shifts in a compressed work week, with occasional weekend and night shifts, allows the candidate to frequently enjoy weekdays off.
- 5+ years of experience providing data center operations services and expertise to enterprise clients is required, specifically:
- VMWare operations
- Windows Server operations (preferably Microsoft Windows Server 2012)
- Storage technology operations
- Resolution of major incidents
- Monitoring critical infrastructure
Working Knowledge of:
- Microsoft SCCM, SCOM
- Microsoft HyperV
- IP Networking
- Load balancing
- Storage networking
- Automation technologies
Please note: Position requires the candidate to work on shifts (including night and week rotations)