Our client has a requirement for a Storage and Backup Engineer to deliver a range of technical capabilities to their key capability domain.
You will need to be highly motivated, and have a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical and non-technical personnel. This role will support projects and BAU.
You will be adept at complex problem solving, and dedicated to maintaining continuous improvement in your working environment. The candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams and partners.
This role will be responsible for integrating, maintaining and enhancing infrastructure consisting of Hitachi SAN and Veeam backup and recovery.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Experience in the following disciplines:
- Hitachi SAN solutions
- Cloud storage solutions
- Storage migration between SANs
- Veeam backups and recovery software
- Integration between disciplines above
- Excellent understanding of SAN infrastructure/architecture (FC HBA's, fabrics, SAN's, etc.) and an in-depth technical knowledge of Cisco SAN switches.
- Substantial experience with Hitachi technologies and infrastructure is essential.
- Produce designs, design patterns, configurations, and documentation is accordance with industry standards for storage and backups systems.
- Perform maintenance and administration functions for the SAN and backups systems.
- Substantial knowledge and application of a broad range of skills including software, systems and enterprise architecture, software and hardware engineering, interface protocols.
- Knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM) and its application to storage and backups.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Josie Bandiola 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 212506