Client: Federal Government
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Sydney City
Duration 6+ 6 months contract
Start Date: Mid - end of July 2017
Open to Australian Citizens only as this role will require internal security clearance
Position Reports to End User Infrastructure Manager
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be required to work with project teams as the lead engineering resource to build and deliver Microsoft infrastructure solutions from design documentation within a project framework.
Technical Skills Required:
Substantial work background and applied experience within the following areas: technical consultant, solution design, technical operations, and project delivery.
High level of proven experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft System Centre Suite
- Active Directory Domain development including skills utilising tertiary tools (i.e. ADSI Edit, LDP)
- Identity Management utilising Microsoft technologies (MIM, AD Connect, AD FS)
- SOE Development (i.e. standardisation, hardening)
- Role Based Access Controls
- PKI \ Certificate Management
- Windows Server 2008 R2 - 2016
- Microsoft Cloud Technologies (Azure, EMS, OMS, Skype for Business, and Office 365)
- Advanced PowerShell Scripting
- ITIL v3 Foundation desirable
Demonstrated skills and ability to:
- Deliver technical documentation for systems and processes
- Work autonomously with minimal support as a technical lead within a project framework
- Provide mentorship when required and be a team player.
- Ability to utilise design and architecture documentation to build technical solutions for complex environments.
- Proven ability to understand and apply ITIL processes including Capacity, Incident & Change Management in the timely and efficient administration of server environment
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple stakeholders and take ownership for business outcomes
- Work on complex problems though to resolution
- Provision and provide specialist advice and in the interpretation of legislation and industry knowledge to provide solutions and deliver outcomes.
- To work as the Microsoft technology Subject Matter Expert and Technical Lead delivering on and off premise project managed solutions and providing technical operations support.