A fantastic opportunity to work with one of the largest telecommunication companies in Australia. We are looking for a Splunk Engineer for a 6 month contract (ASAP start).
- Implement Splunk solutions in highly available, redundant, distributed computing environments
- Assist in developing recommended improvements to Splunk infrastructure engineering requirements and specifications.
- Provide overall engineering and design support for a distributed Splunk environment consisting of heavy forwarders, indexers, and search head servers, spanning security, performance, and operational roles.
- Support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflow
- Work with other Infrastructure, Application, and Cybersecurity Engineering team members and interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards.
- Perform criticality, mission impact, and risk analysis of recommended tools
- Support the development of presentations and reports to document findings
To be successful, you would ideally have:
- Experience in configuring, implementing, analysing and supporting Splunk server infrastructure across Windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Experience with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analysing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Ability to support Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
BONUS: Work sponsorship/ permanent residency pathways are possible, if needed.
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Teertha Shetty on (03) 80807262 and quote job # 239963