Essential requirements - 5+ years experience in IT Contract Coordination and Management (Software licensing and development). Government experience preferred.
Primary purpose of the role
Primary management of Tribal and SAP contracts and other contracts as directed.
The Contracts & Vendor Relationships Lead builds and manages relationships with vendors that supply IT products and services to the organisation ensuring that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations. The role also undertakes the full range of activities associated with the management of IT contracts and agreements to provide a cost effective, quality service that is consistent the Department's strategic IT objectives and procurement performance indicators.
- Evaluate potential suppliers using developed and agreed criteria to support alignment and understanding of the expectations and requirements of engagement
- Monitor and report on the performance of selected vendors to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics; proactively intervene and/or escalate issues arising before formal dispute resolution is required
- Manage outward communication to vendors to facilitate understanding and awareness of organisational strategic direction, changes and challenges
- Manage the interaction between vendors and internal program delivery leaders to provide adequate visibility of interdependent initiatives and programs
- Liaise with procurement partners to review, report on and revise contractual agreements as necessary
- Provide routine advice to managers on IT new and existing IT contracts, including the effects of changes in legislation, regulation, financial impacts and emerging implementation issues
- Monitor industry trends and whole-of-government requirements; recommend continuous improvement of internal procedures to ensure the development of practical and workable contracts
- Contribute to reporting on financial, administrative and statutory matters, including complaints resolution related to IT hardware, software and services contracts at an agreed level with all relevant stakeholders; contribute to audit processes as required.
- Managing the balance in vendor relationships to support the achievement of agreed IT objectives and commercial outcomes
- Maintaining current knowledge and expertise of software, hardware and emerging technologies given the frequency of change and development within the IT environment
- Contributing to the development and implementation of a contract management centre of excellence