The Solutions Engineering in the greater IT Engineering team is focused on providing a seamless customer experience through centralising the core BU facing and IT Solution Design functions across IT Engineering.
The Solutions Engineering team structure is aligned to each of the organisations business' grouped into Infrastructure portfolios. The Solutions Engineer position plays a pivotal role providing both technical and design expertise to the projects assigned. The role sees the engineer take accountability on the design, ensuring the successful consumption of the IT Infrastructure services within the Compute, Infrastructure, Workplace Services and Technology platform portfolios.
- Undertake solution design and engineering of reusable IT services, to provide business value across multiple programmes and initiatives.
- Provide technical consulting and advice to projects to ensure alignment to IT&T strategy, architectures, and utilisation of standardised IT services
- Practice engineering principles, patterns, standards and guidelines across projects and programmes
- Analyse a wide range of technical data within systems and processes, to anticipate and address problems, or identify improvement opportunities
- Identify and mitigate issues or risks associated with design or solution proposals
- Facilitate and contribute to transitioning target architecture from current to desired state
- Provide feedback on effectiveness of target solution
- Provide specialist knowledge on engineering solutions, and emergent IT services that may benefit the Group's strategic direction
- Advise on approach to service engineering and solution design, recommending alternative approaches where required
- Coach staff in area of expertise
- Experience in performing IT Solution Design & Architecture
- Experience in leading infrastructure delivery projects and programs of work
- Strong technical experience across several technology disciplines, including Storage, Mainframe and Midrange, x86 and Cloud Computing, Networking and Perimeter, Application content delivery and Application platforms
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Aine on 02 9409 4817 quoting reference: 200539