A Leading IT Company is in need of a Solutions Designer for a long term contract in Macquarie Park
About the role
The Soultions Designer MUST be highly skilled in solutions design and development of new applications and can also do enhancement of existing applications and provide support to the operations team and be able to liaise with business and translate the requirements into technical design. This role requires a confident and focused person who can work well autonomously and deliver outcomes in either virtual or present team environment.
- Should have a very strong understanding of Telecommunication principles such as Switching, Routing, Addressing, OSI Layers and Protocols (IP, TCP\IP), different types of Network Layers: Access, Distribution and Core (Must); experience of TMF Standards: eTOM, TAM, SID. (Must) and key understanding and experience in the field of Information Security and related technologies. (Must)
- Understand Project Management Methodologies - PMP, Prince 2 (Optional)
- Liaise with business and business analyst to understand the requirements and translate them into a technical design covering the requirements in implement new platforms and changes to existing platforms in the areas of OSS Assurance Event Management, Performance Management, Service Management including providing input into Hardware, Operating Systems (Unix, Linux & Windows), databases (Solid DB, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL) designs.
- Provide technical leadership on projects, guiding developers, performing code reviews and ensuring the quality of solutions being implemented.
Skills and experience
- Over 8 years working in a Software Integration / Development / Design role, and at least 3 years as a SD Worked as an SD in Telecom OSS Service Assurance domain with experience in Software Integration / Design role in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience & good understanding of Project Management preferably Prince2, PMP
- Knowledge of OSS customers, systems and their uses.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact ANNA quoting reference 205597.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.