- Fun workplace and easy-going management
- Leading Financial Services company
- 6-month contract plus extension
Our client is seeking a Solution Designer to join their IT Engineering team. The team is responsible for accountable for the management, design, delivery and governance of the Group's IT Infrastructure services.
- Undertake solution design and engineering of reusable IT services, to provide business value across multiple programmes and initiatives.
- Provide technical consulting and advice to projects to ensure alignment to IT&T strategy, architectures, and utilisation of standardised IT services
- Practice engineering principles, patterns, standards and guidelines across projects and programmes
- Analyse a wide range of technical data within systems and processes, to anticipate and address problems, or identify improvement opportunities
- Identify and mitigate issues or risks associated with design or solution proposals
- Facilitate and contribute to transitioning target architecture from current to desired state
- Provide feedback on effectiveness of target solution architecture, including any comments that impact or change the target solution architecture and standards
- Develop both conceptual and technical models to identify areas for IT service standardisation, use and development, to meet business objectives
- Experience in performing IT Solution Design & Architecture
- Experience in leading infrastructure delivery projects and programs of work
- Strong technical experience across several technology disciplines, including Storage, Mainframe and Midrange, x86 and Cloud Computing, Networking and Perimeter, Application content delivery and Application platforms
- Ability to add value and achieve optimum outcomes for the business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Specialised knowledge of development and design methodologies
- Team leadership experience
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY
Ref: 200 544