About the role
Engineer who will collaborate closely with a premium Federal Government client to provide engineering design and contribute to architectural solutions that meet the stated business requirements. Primarily, you will engage and foster strong positive working relationships with the client stakeholders
You will combine a broad range of experience across a range of IT Technologies coupled with excellent written and verbal communications skills. It is essential that you demonstrate solid knowledge of Government Security Standards including Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF), Information Security Manual (ISM) and the Defence Security Manual (DSM).
- Requests for quote, solutions, proposals and project work (varied/complex)
- Designs system and solution architecture, system integration, and implementation strategy to deliver innovative solutions that meet customer needs
- Analyse business and infrastructure technical requirements to determine system design, potential issues, and related cost for each project request
- Align designs and solutions with infrastructure architectural strategy to meet business objectives based on portfolio standard offerings that develops and improves the client IT Infrastructure.
- Coordinate with architecture and technical solution groups as appropriate based on contract and project needs
- Represent the account in technical aspects of Solution Design and infrastructure architecture
- Assist Account Project managers on the following:
- organize and ensure solution design documents are completed
- Identify and ensure all infrastructure and architectural deliverables are noted in project schedules
- Validate the dates for infrastructure deliverables in the project schedule are realistic and achievable
- Validate the scope of the solution meets contractual and SLA requirements (availability, performance, capacity)
- Assist Account team with analysing and implementing Portfolio Standards for both Software and Hardware implementations
- Understand and contribute to, as appropriate, roadmaps for the technologies in use at the account
Skills and experience
- It is essential that you demonstrate solid knowledge of Government Security Standards including Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF), Information Security Manual (ISM) and the Defence Security Manual (DSM).
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Degree in Engineering, Science or Computer Science (HM is focused more on experience) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive proven experience in Virtualisation and Cloud technologies particularly Vmware and Azure
- Converged infrastructure systems (Hitachi HCI, Dell)
- UNIX / Linux, Windows Server, Desktop Technologies, Messaging, Backup, and Networking.
- Enterprise Storage technologies (SAN)
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure or application development projects (open but more on govt type work)
- Strong technical project leadership capabilities and be able to deal with complex issues with customers and vendors.
- Experience working with Government at either State or Federal level in a similar role.
- Ability to interact with customers regarding business and technical information
- Demonstrates strong team building skills
- Understanding of Australian Government Security Standards.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Abegail Baniqued on 02 9054 0955 quoting reference 206621.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.