About the role
The Department is building significant digital capability within the Congestion Busting Program and is seeking a Solution Delivery Architect to Assist with design and delivery of export systems initiatives.
The successful candidate will join a small team of Architects who deliver design and technical leadership across systems that play critical roles for Australia's exports. This role will include opportunities to work on cloud migrations and integration with other agencies and international partners.
- Lead the discovery of current state technical components and integration dependencies;
- Produce conceptual designs to explain technical options for delivery of export system initiatives to technical and executive stakeholders;
- Lead impact analysis to deliver task definitions used in fine-grained delivery planning;
- Provide dependency analysis to feed into higher-level program and project planning;
- Author detailed technical designs for use by iterative development teams and for Security Architecture assessment;
- Provide peer to peer and vendor solution design review and feedback; and
- Review implementations to assure alignment with designs.
Skills & Experience
- Strong track record working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Experience delivering detailed technical solutions, preferably using Oracle Middleware and/or Microsoft Azure technologies;
- Ability to lead technical discovery, assessment and design activities involving multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong verbal skills and ability to demonstrate complex technologies to audiences of a variety of technical levels;
- A software development background is desirable;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- Strong team player and outcome focussed; and
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
You will have (Weighting %)
- Experience delivering detailed technical solutions, preferably using Oracle Middleware and/or Microsoft Azure technologies. Including writing detailed technical designs for use by iterative development teams and for Security Architecture assessment. 20%
- Experience leading technical discovery, assessment and design activities involving multi-disciplinary teams, external vendors, and self-led market assessment. 20%
- Experience delivering impact analysis that is detailed enough to generate task definitions for development teams to use in fine-grained delivery planning. 20%
- Experience evaluating current state technical implementations and integration dependencies for large systems. 15%
- Strong technical writing and diagraming skills, and experience demonstrating complex technical topics to audiences of a variety of technical levels. 15%
- Previous experience as a software developer. 10%
- Hands on experience with Oracle Middleware and/or development for Microsoft Azure deployment (Desirable).
For more information or to apply, please contact Priya Kuncham on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 240791