Our client is a major competitor within the Logistics and Supply chain industry located in Melbourne! You will be primarily responsible for developing all architecture deliverables required by programs and projects, include solution architecture documents and provide road-mapping activities. The Solution Architect will also occasionally contribute to financial estimations and business case preparation.
- Develop potential solutions for business problems using existing systems, new applications or custom developed capabilities as appropriate.
- Advocate and drive a focus on customer needs and improving the customer experience.
- Perform technical evaluation of requirements and assessments for RFI, RFP and Proof of concepts.
- Develop a preliminary solution architecture view, with context and key inputs during project delivery evaluation phase.
- Understand the architectural decisions that need to be made, risks and issues, and articulates these clearly during governance boards.
- Identify a variety of solution options, understanding the concepts of minimum viable product, through to a perfect solution, and can pragmatically argue and defend positions along that spectrum.
- Operate in both agile and waterfall delivery modes comfortably.
- Ensure that projects are aligned with broader enterprise wide strategy and architecture to ensure high levels of cohesion, consistency and reuse across the enterprise.
- Participate as a member of the architecture community in architecture process, working groups, council and governance meetings, as well as all enterprise-wide technology strategy activities as needed from time to time.
- Experience as solution architect of project or program in an ASX200 listed or equivalent global organisation, or;
- Experience as a solution architect across multiple related projects in smaller listed organisations or global equivalent.
- Experience within an IT transformation project or large IT modernisation programme.
- Confident to understand and balance business and technology requirements.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills in front of senior audiences, preparing and presenting technical subject matter.
- Background in transport and logistics, large field workforces, complex services and products environments or retail would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience equivalent to a relevant technology or business bachelor degree.
- Formal qualifications in any cloud architecture or architectural process are helpful but not essential.
This role requires years of experience in the following fields:
- At least 7 years of architecture related roles and experience, with a focus on the technology industry.
- At least 5 years as a solution architect in a large and complex environment, as a member of an architecture organisation of not less than 15 architects.
Candidates with previous experience in Logistics or Supply chain companies are highly desirable
If this role is of interest or if you know someone in your network who may be, APPLY NOW or if you have any questions, please contact Sajith Perera on (03) 8080 7216 for more information.
Looking forward to hearing from you.