- Long term contract.
- CBD based
- Federal Government agency
A large Federal Government client is looking for a Solution Architect to assist with a large data migration project.
The key deliverables will include
- Define new solutions for the handling and processing of data to support new applications and remediation of existing applications
- Analysing existing data usage and consumption requirement to inform proposed solution
- Ensuring that security and resilience is designed into the solutions
- Incorporate good data design and modelling practices into the solutions.
- Lead the design of the aspects of the target state data handling architecture associated as directed by the lead stream architect
- Assist various teams in identifying and designing appropriate data treatment approaches
- Design, oversee and/or approve target database schemas
- Oversee and/or contribute to data modelling where needed
- Oversee and approve detailed design and review and approve build documents
- Prepare design decision artefacts for approval by design authority.
- Assist in specifying the infrastructure requirements and architecture required to support the Solutions architecture.
- Participate in and contribute to the improvement of Data Governance processes
- Assist in estimating budgetary resources, schedules, and costs required for the solutions.
- Coordinate with other IT disciplines including Infrastructure and Integration to ensure that all proposed solutions are compatible with available patterns and standards
- Work with the broader program team to ensure the overall architecture is consistent with, and fully supports, the overall business and platform architectures for the program.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors in producing Solution Architecture and contributing to Detail Design deliverables
- Vendor management as required in a System Integrator capacity to ensure Solutions provided by vendor integrate with existing architecture and technology frameworks
Ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- 5 years of Solution Architecture experience with experience gained in all the following domains:
- Data Solution Design for Operational Systems
- Integration of operational data handing systems
- Data Security
- Data Governance
- Experienced in designing service patterns and micro service architectures
- Experience in designing Data handling solution that can scale and interact with Applications and Integration platforms as well as internal and external partners
- Experience in Secure Software Design and Secure Software development Coding Practices
- Understanding of how to design services to meet performance and security requirements
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact John on 03 8080 7260.