About the company:
The company is a Tier One, IT Solution provider with a reputation for delivering to Tier One Clients across the globe. They have a global footprint and are continuing to grow at a rapid rate.
About the role:
- Perform infrastructure solution architecture for strategic and customer-driven initiatives and guide the evolution of AWS capabilities.
- Engage with customers and stakeholders to clarify expectations, apply relevant standards and best-practices, and drive the delivery of infrastructure solutions and services in AWS.
- Balance a strong results-orientation with continuous improvement. This will be a collaborative role, necessitating strong interpersonal and influencing skills in addition to broad IT domain knowledge, particularly in DevOps, Security, and Architecture Governance practices.
- Leading full, transformational cloud migrations.
- This role is customer facing and will work closely with Product Owners, Applications Owners, Network and security team to deliver the best solution for large scale design and application migrations.
- You will design high-performance, resilient application environments leveraging AWS and Hybrid cloud technologies to meet customers' and application requirements
- Derive architecture fit for solutions purpose from user requirements keeping in mind the enterprise application landscape and available toolsets
- Analyse new solution requests, solicits and clarifies non-functional requirements, and formulates conceptual and physical architectures, to rapidly deliver infrastructure solutions in a fast-paced,
multi-vendor, cloud-first environment
- Drive opportunities to accelerate deployment through identifying, proving, and leading implementation of automation and optimization solutions
- Perform collaborative solution assessments that represent multiple foundational disciplines (especially platform, cloud services, network, security, data management & integration, service management & operations), makes recommendations consistent with standards and acceptable practices, and influentially communicates across the organization.
- You will use your own subject matter expertise and appropriate stakeholders to evolve infrastructure standards that improve time to market, economics, and brand protection for global technology solutions
- Support Enterprise Architecture activities by driving service roadmaps, strategic planning, and optimization in AWS, and taking a lead role in setting organizational standards for the optimal use of technologies
- You must have experience in a senior-level infrastructure Engineering or Architecture role.
- Have expert level knowledge and experience in designing, migrating, and implementing complex migrations to AWS.
- Architecting solutions experience in AWS.
- You should possess expert knowledge in public and hybrid cloud models.
- You will need previous AWS DevOps Tools and Process Implementation experience.
- Excellent command and experience in designing cloud architectures, primarily AWS
- Experience in Oil & Gas/ Resources domain and understanding of relevant business functions
- You should have application development experience in the past, and be familiar with relevant development tech stack
- Experience in cloud native application delivery with strong technical background
- Expert level working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts and toolchain (e.g. AWS, Azure, Atlassian Suite products like Jira/Confluence/BitBucket/Bamboo, Terraform, Consul, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Microservices architecture, AWS CloudFormation/ Azure Resource Manager, Python, Lambda)
- Broad exposure to multiple areas of technology, particularly application development, cloud infrastructure and operations management, DevOps, and security will be an advantage
- You will need demonstratable experience with agile methodologies, particularly Scrum & Kanban
- Experience with "on-premise to cloud" migrations or IT transformations
AWS Solution Architect certified preferred
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Mili Solanki 08 94231422 quoting reference: 186212
Please note: we are considering candidates with full Australian Work Rights.
If you wish to apply, please click the "APPLY" button with an updated resume in WORD