Your primary role is to develop all architecture deliverables required by programs and projects, including solution architecture documents, as part of the enterprise and line-of-business blueprinting and road-mapping activities. Your job is to ensure that these deliverables align with the overall technology strategy, blueprints and roadmaps, and to address the business and customer requirements of a number of projects. From time to time you will contribute to financial estimations and business case preparation.
Strategy & Execution
- Develops potential solutions for business problems using existing systems, new applications or custom developed capabilities as appropriate.
- Understands the alignment of architectural principles, standards, tooling, strategy, process and roadmaps.
- Advocates and drives a focus on customer needs and improving the customer experience.
- Performs technical evaluation of requirements and assessments for RFI, RFP and Proof of concepts.
- Develops a preliminary solution architecture view, with context and key inputs during project delivery evaluation phase.
- Understands the architectural decisions that need to be made, risks and issues, and articulates these clearly during governance boards.
- Identifies a variety of solution options, understanding the concepts of minimum viable product, through to a perfect solution, and can pragmatically argue and defend positions along that spectrum.
- Can operate in both agile and waterfall delivery modes comfortably.
Industry and Function
- Experience as solution architect of project or program in an ASX200 listed or equivalent global organisation, or;
- Experience as a solution architect across multiple related projects in smaller listed organisations or global equivalent.
- Experience within an IT transformation project or large IT modernisation programme.
- Confident to understand and balance business and technology requirements.
Technical and/or Professional Qualifications/Skills Required
- Demonstrated experience equivalent to a relevant technology or business bachelor degree.
- Formal qualifications in any cloud architecture or architectural process are helpful but not essential.
- At least 7 years of architecture related roles and experience, with a focus on the technology industry.
- At least 5 years as a solution architect in a large and complex environment, as a member of an architecture organisation of not less than 15 architects.