We are looking to hire a Software Support Engineer for one of our premier clients. This role is reporting into the Head of Solution the role is based in a state of the art office in Sydney Olympic Park which is within walking distance from public transport and parking stations. This role is primarily responsible for ensuring customer IT sites operate efficiently through the optimization of an in-house Warehouse Management Software (WMS) system.
Working closely with key external stakeholders, this role will;
- Provide remote software application support for customer sites across ANZ region.
- This customer facing role requires daily interaction with end customer typically over the phone and email.
- Handle software incidents conduct detailed problem analysis to find root cause of repeat incidents.
- Contribute to in-depth functional testing (manual and automated tool based) for project implementation and enhancements.
- Participate in commissioning and training at customer sites as required.
- Manage monthly incident meetings with clients.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Sound knowledge of version control (preferably SVN), WINSCP, Putty, UNIX Shell script, Linux and application Servers (Glassfish, Oracle Web Logic).
- Understanding of XML, Oracle FORMS, Reports, Discoverer reports, core Java, REST/SOAP API, Oracle Advanced Queues.
- Experience in ITIL framework, release management process, including deploying code changes to UAT and production environment.
- An analytical and strong attention to detail to identify trends and patterns with incident management.
- A team player attitude and positive outlook.
- Excellent time management skills for the coordination of multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to travel, if required locally as well as overseas.
If you're interested, then please submit your resume by hitting the APPLY NOW button or email your resume to Jayd.Venters@Peoplebank.com.au quoting job reference number: 198513