Acting as the software engineer of the group to perform design and implementation tasks for our various platforms.
Main accountabilities are
- Designing and implementing software solutions across multiple platforms
- Producing high quality code with excellent test coverage
- Code reviews and Efficient and effective code maintenance
- Analysing product requirements and breaking down into user stories and tasks
- Estimating and planning to assist with the development of the product roadmap
- Mentoring junior software developers
- Developing build, test and deployment automation
- Research and development of potential new technologies
- Defining processes and standards within the team and contributing to the continuous improvement of the product development process
- Producing a high standard of technical documentation
- Working with customers to understand requirements and technical issues
- Ability to provide technical expertise for new and ongoing initiatives to work with project stakeholder to come up most feasible technical solution.
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate all issues that threaten the successful delivery of assigned initiatives.
- Good time management and ability to successfully juggle multiple projects at the same time
Advanced level knowledge of Java is mandatory.
Must have experience developing and deploying API/Microservices using common development frameworks such as Springboot etc.
Must have experience working with container technologies such as Docker and associated orchestration engines like Kubernetes.
Front end development experience (React, etc.) is a good to have (not mandatory).
Experience working with API gateways such as APIGEE is highly advantageous.
Must have experience working with Big Data technologies such as Spark and Elastic Stack
Good working knowledge with relational and non-relational database backends such as MySQL, Cassandra/HBase etc.
Excellent knowledge of working with DevOps tools such as - Bamboo, Jira, BitBucket/GitLab, SonarQube, Coverity etc.
Melbourne - remote