Our Client is an industry leading company with global reach. They are seeking an experienced Software Engineer with exceptionally strong C++ and Java skills for a permanent role located in the Perth CBD.
The role will be responsible for analysis, design and implementation of features for the client's software products, which includes but not limited to; image preparation, compression and serving technology.
You will be working directly with a dynamic development team and be an integral part of the development process working towards delivery of software products. The ideal candidate must be able to work both independently and collectively within multiple divisions across the region.
- Analyse, design and implement software systems, as directed by the development manager, to meet the company requirements and project plans;
- Create, maintain, enhance and support the company's software products, installers and automated build and test systems;
- Create and maintain testing suites and benchmarking tools for the software products and SDKs;
- Monitor and deploy updates to a live cloud environment hosting our software;
- Liaise with support and customers to ensure the scope and requirements of the software are adequately met, and to help diagnose customer issues;
- Actively keep up to date with technology/industry trends in Software Development;
- Provide technical support and resolve problems for existing customers;
- Write documentation in accordance to the client standards;
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to resolve technical issues;
- Act as a subject matter/technical expert.
Key Skills include:
- Degree in software engineering, computer science, maths, computing technology or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution;
- Strong demonstrable experience in C, C++ and/or Java; (C++ is preferred)
- Strong, recent, commercial experience as a Software Engineer;
- Knowledge and experience with modern software engineering practices and methodologies;
- Practical experience with web standards and related technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, JSON, CSS, HTML);
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment and have a proven ability to manage concurrent activities effectively;
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment;
- Self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated and creative, out of the box thinker;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud platform experience highly advantageous;
- Programming in multi-tier client/server systems advantageous.
- Permanent opportunity;
- Perth CBD location;
- Industry leading, global company;
- Friendly, dynamic team environment;
- Ongoing training and development opportunities;
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies;
- Flexible working hours;
- Discounts on health and other insurance products.
If you feel you have suitable experience, please feel free to apply now via the link below.