Provide technical leadership, systems analysis, design, development, maintenance & ongoing support for digital applications whilst driving an agile and continuous improvement delivery culture. In this role you will work closely with the Technology Manager Revenue Strategy, Domain Architect (Market/Retail Systems) and IT Business Partner and will collaborate with business stakeholders, the wider IT team and external vendor & partners.
- 3+ years' experience in leadership role/s overseeing high performance agile software development and big data teams supporting high availability production systems and data warehouses.
- 8+ years' experience in software engineering and/or full stack development roles, preferably with deep database knowledge
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of a variety of Cloud technologies (e.g. Azure and/or AWS tech stack, Snowflake/Redshift or similar, Tableau, Matillion & Boomi) and cloud architectures (E.g. Serverless architectures, Containerisation, Microservice-led architecture.)
- Demonstrated experience migrating/transitioning legacy technologies and workloads to modern architectures
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills including the ability to work collaboratively and translate customer requirements/user stories into a discrete groups of tasks and increments
- Good understanding of modern OLTP and OLAP databases, data warehousing, data structures and modern data solutions
- Experience in Azure DevOps (Agile Project Management, Source Code Management and Build/Release Pipelines) and Atlassian products.
- Strong working experience in Agile/Scrum software delivery methodology.
- Strong continuous improvement mindset and the ability to influence and grow technology teams' skills and services
- Experience providing technology services within commodity/energy/financial trading and/or utility retail/b2b environments.
- Experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines and service automation
- Understanding of both the regulated and unregulated energy markets within Australia.
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools (Tableau, including Data Prep and Catalog modules) and data science/ML workbenches (Matlab, Azure ML etc)
- Knowledge of both Salesforce and Oracle services
- Good understanding of secure coding best practices
Education / Certification:
- Bachelor of Information Technology/Software Engineering or similar
- Cloud certifications (Azure, AWS, CompTIA etc) also well regarded
For more information contact Elisha Saggar / Donna Prince at 30037646 and quote the job ref number 206846.