Software Development Lead
- Work for a global employer on an exciting automation project
- Permanent position leading an agile team of developers
- Must have experience in SaaS, API and DevOps practices
About the Company
Our client is a market leader in developing products and offering technology solutions specialising in the Mining and Resources industry.
About the Role
A fantastic permanent opportunity has arisen for a Software Development Lead to join during this exciting time to lead a high performing team consisting 5 software and data engineers. You will be working to build software in line with architecture practices across the wider organisation. This is a role that would suit someone seeking to take on a senior role in addition to developing unique, high quality full stack applications.
- Analyse the current business strategy, applications and software and identify technical areas for improvement
- Develop functionalities for existing and new applications and make modifications to improve quality and support infrastructure to meet end user and business needs
- Contribute to organisational road maps to facilitate application software development and ensure the development work is prioritised in line with business requirements.
- Develop high-quality, production ready software and code
- Work closely with Product owners, Technical leads, Solution Architects and fellow UX specialists to contribute to determining technical solutions
- Write unit and integration tests in collaboration with the testing team
- Run and contribute to Agile ceremonies including development estimation, prioritisation, and the demonstration of work
- Be the point of contact for reporting team members, including providing regular feedback, progress updates, and identifying potential setbacks and obstacles and working through them to achieve desired outcomes
- Document software to the expected standard
- Ensure code is peer reviewed, validated and fit for purpose
- Assist with investigations and root cause analysis and rectify latent issues with code quality
Skills & experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience within a technical development across full application stack
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies: Restful API, Open API, API Management, .net core or Java spring frameworks, Azure or AWS
- Detailed knowledge of API security standards, including automated API testing
- Experience working on SaaS platforms and cloud based technologies
- Experience using Scrum or DevOps based methodologies
- Experience in Mining industry (Desirable)
- Certification in Microsoft Azure (Desirable)
How to Apply
If you are interested and possess the right experience, please apply now via the link below to be considered.
Contact: Lisa Williams - (08) 9423 1400 - (Job reference: 209656)