One of Australia's largest and most highly regarded mining companies is on the hunt for a Software Development Lead who has strong technical experience with C++ and Java.
You will have an opportunity to lead a group of highly talented software engineers in an initial 6 month contract, located in the heart of the Perth CBD.
- Manage and lead a group of software developers;
- Design and implement solutions;
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development, participate in design reviews and recommend improvements for projects;
- Be involved with technical assessments on requested features;
- Develop end to end ownership of projects starting from requirement gathering, design, delivery and deployment;
- Prepare cost and time estimates of all design options;
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies;
- Work with the test team and provide feedback on test plans, test cases and test methodologies.
- Strong, recent experience working in a Software Development Team Lead or equivalent capacity;
- Background in software engineering best practices, including design patterns and UML;
- Demonstrated background with different software systems, client server architecture and various compatibility requirements;
- Ability to prepare, present and clearly communicate technical solutions to both technical and business audiences;
- Experienced in Visual Studio, REST web services and VB scripting;
- Demonstrated background leading software teams;
- Experience with the full product development lifecycle and multiple releases of enterprise-class software products;
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
If you have suitable experience and would like to be considered, please apply now via the link below. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a confidential discussion.
Contact: Lisa Williams - 9423 1400 (Job reference: 189067)