Peoplebank are looking to engage the services of a Software Developer, experienced with Delphi and VMS, along with Fortran programming skills.
- Developing and maintaining computer systems by undertaking systems analysis, design and programming
- Install and maintain systems software
- Design and control the functions of backup, recovery, start up, shutdown, journal logging and migration.
- Provide for and meet security and integrity standards for the software and data
- Monitor performance and undertake tuning improvements
- Promptly resolve software problems, liaise with vendors and users
- Perform initial diagnoses of hardware problems, liaise with vendors and users
- Identify and promptly implement user requirements by consulting with departmental users
- Provide expert technical support to external stakeholders and users
- Participate in planning, acquisition, installation, testing and configuration of software.
Skills and Experience required
- Demonstrated experience with Embarcadero Delphi and VMS, Fortran programming and server tools
- Experience with programming and management of health-related software systems
- Sound knowledge of health data security requirements
- An understanding of IT Quality Assurance mechanisms.
- A sound knowledge of Equal Employment and Work Health and Safety and Welfare principles and procedures and a commitment to implement them.
Desirable skills include:
- Experience in a computer system implementations
- Experience in application software testing
- Experience in performance monitoring of LAN and LAN use, software installations and configurations
- An understanding of the application of IT in a health environment.
- Understanding of departmental, hospital practices and procedures
- Understanding of contemporary issues as they relate to the hospital and health system as a whole
- Understanding of large computer system application, LAN and desktop based products.
- Knowledge of standards applicable to computerised information systems in health.
Please APPLY NOW for our immediate consideration