Our client requires software developers able to deliver effective capability solutions.
The Software Developer will be accountable under broad direction to interpret specifications and technical designs to build, maintain and modify code or adaptation data for software applications, construct technical specifications from a business functional model, write and execute tests, write and maintain technical documentation.
Roles exist both in project teams and tactical positions embedded to support business units supporting critical business functions directly helping protect Australia.
The position is full time on-site in the clients' Canberra offices.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- Experience in design, build, integration and document software capability that meets business requirements.
- Experience in support, maintenance and enhancement of existing software ensuring application availability.
- Experience in quality and security of software through appropriate testing and review.
- Experience in assisting in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures.
- Experience in engaging with business and product owners to clarify and fully develop user requirements using agile development methods.
- Experience in documenting technical processes in accordance with organisational policies and procedures and promote bi-directional knowledge transfer within a team environment.
- Experience in Cyber Security or a related domain would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated competence in Java software development (.Net or other programming experience will also be considered).
- Demonstrated competence with Python and/or similar experience with other scripting languages.
- Experienced in developing and deploying software within a Linux / UNIX environment.
- Experience in the use of automation and deployment tools is desirable.
- Experience in Linux and/or Windows administration is desirable.
- Experience in Hadoop/Apache Spark is desirable.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Ben van Loggerenberg 02 6268 9703 quoting Job Reference: 212823