This role is for a professional, senior software engineer developer with a proven track record in rapid development of both prototype applications, and production ready applications, in particular focussed on networking technologies.
Key requirements for this role include experience across:
- Phython Software development
- Shell Scripting
- Automation CI/CD
- Amazon Cloud
Day to day you will be:
- Design and develop embedded firmware framework that supports the deployment of Telstra developed services on multiple independent vendor platforms.
- Explore and develop device discovery technologies
- Integrate these capabilities with existing gateway software platforms (Open WRT & others)
- Develop a web based device database, with integrated, custom, gateway data delivery platform
- Enhance / productise existing internally developed prototype solutions.
- Support the building of new software packages and upgrading and patching existing ones.
- Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy instances from hardened images.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Creative personality - can think on their feet
- Good communicator - would be required to work with teams interstate
- At least 8 years of experience in software development.
- Agile development experience
- Linux administration experience (e.g. Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS, Debian)
- Understanding of protocols/technologies
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative, drive and the ability to work and demonstrate leadership in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team environment. Ability to drive consensus among stakeholders
Apply with your CV IN WORD FORMAT