The Data Warehouse Decommissioning project will finish by June 30 2018 and in order to meet this deadline an additional MS SQL developer is required.
Project Background: The implementation of a new Registry data store, using Microsoft SSIS ETL tool in conjunction with Microsoft TFS, will facilitate the migration of existing users off the legacy data warehouse, enabling the decommissioning of the legacy BI Platform.
Cleint: Federal Government
Role: Snr MS SQL Developer
Duration: 3 months + 3months +3months = 9 months
Open to Australian Citizens only as this role will require the shortlisted candidate to undertake a high-level confidential security clearance.
Start date: End of March 2018
Qualifications and experience
- Extensive SQL Server / T-SQL development, triggers, stored procedures, SQL server full-text indexing experience
- Proven ETL development experience with Informatica and SSIS
- Visual Studio Data Tools in a source-controlled environment (TFS, GIT etc)
- Proven data warehouse architecture knowledge including Data Modelling, Data vault, Scalability, MDM
- Knowledge of the Agile Methodology, Data Vault Methodology, DWH Testing Methodology (nice to Have)
This role, as part of the project team, is to design, develop and implement the data migration of the existing BAU DB2 Data warehouse into the newly completed MS SQL Server data warehouse
You will be responsible for:
- Integration of current Production systems into the newly built Data Warehouse
- Integration of the Regulatory system components with the newly built Data Warehouse
- Creation of technical documentation to support related support and development