Our Federal Government Client requires Site Reliability Engineer for a 6-month contract, with 1 x 6-month extension option. The position is open for Canberra, Sydney, and a full-time offsite option within Australia available.
About the role:
Day to day activities include building automation and features that help our users (Government developers and delivery teams) create services for the Australian public. The role is primarily hands on technical, but communication skills with users and stakeholders is crucial. You will work in a team that uses Agile practices and will spike ideas to solve problems utilising modern technologies & tools.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience with cloud technologies (eg AWS, Azure or OpenStack)
- Experience in container and PaaS systems (Cloud Foundry, Docker or Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of internet plumbing (TCP/IP, routing, HTTP, CDNs, TLS, DNS, Identity services, PKI)
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tooling (git, GitHub, GitLab, concourse-ci, jenkins)
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tooling and automation (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc)
- Experience building and maintaining logging and monitoring tools (ELK, graylog, prometheus, PagerDuty)
- Development Experience (BASH, Ruby, Python or Golang)
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold, or are able to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
To progress with this opportunity, or to find out more about the role, please reach out to Marina Stojchevska on 02 6245 1724.
Job Reference: 196002
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted.