Our client is in search of a Service Management Specialist or a Service Design specialist. Alternatively, a Business Analyst with some experience in Service Management and / or Service Design skills would also suit the role.
Service Design Analyst (Service Management Specialist- ITIL)
3-6 months rolling contract
This role will require the candidate to support the Service Delivery Readiness in the form of Service Analysis and Design across the Data Centre, Network, End User Compute, and Service Management streams with a focus on the transition and support of the applications and minimising potential business impact.
The candidate will apply Service Analysis and Design in readiness for the delivered services. The delivered services will have varying impacts on processes, systems and people and will require the candidate to work across multiple work streams under tight time-frames in a complex multi stakeholder environment. The candidate will have matrix reporting lines into the Program and Service Management Manager.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified as a minimum.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal and able to articulate complexities into easy to understand concepts
- An understanding of Service design and IT services within large Enterprise environment and or exposure to large transitions/transformation initiatives in multi-sourced environments.
- Experience in design/improvement of ITSM processes - specifically Service Design Phase. Eg. Request fulfilment, Service Catalogue management.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience developing Service Delivery documentation as part of a large transition/transformation program.
- A deep understanding and practical experience in the delivery of IT Service Management Support /IT Operational capability improvement initiatives.
- Experience in a complex, cross functional /multi service provider/shared services environment.
Roles and responsibilities
- Accountable for facilitating and leading workshops and discussions with all levels of the IT organisation (senior managers and cross-functional technical teams) to complete service designs (SDP, Service Defs, Support Agreements/models, Catalogue items, capturing results and producing related processes and documentation.
- Accountable for undertaking analysis to build out service definitions, service topologies, and update associated support models and engagement channels.
- Accountable for reviewing questionnaires and information to collate into service structures (based on the service models provided).
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for related Service Design Activities
- Accountable for preparing and maintaining Service Design Dashboards and Reporting.
- Accountable for working within the principals of ITIL (v3) to align to the specific Service Design outcomes within the context of other IT Service lifecycle phases (Strategy /Transition/Operations and CSI).
- Communicate and work with the relevant cross functional teams to undertake Process Design activities.