Our client is expanding their Windows Server automation capability based on Red Hat Ansible Tower. The capability includes deployment and management of Windows Server to over 80 locations globally, covering VMWare and Azure environments.
This position is offered at an initial 6 month contract working a 40 hour week and can be a 100% remote work role and open to candidates based anywhere in Australia. Due to the requirements working as part of a Global team, the successful candidate must be prepared to work 2 nights per week till 10.30PM AWST (standard 8 hour work day applies).
- Ordering (via internal processes), tracking, and technical acceptance of Linux servers to move and expand the Ansible Tower Platform.
- Plan, migrate and validate the move of production Ansible Tower to the new Linux servers in new data center.
- Design and installation of a database server to be used by the playbook developers for storing persistent variables.
- Simplify the Active Directory based permissions model used by Ansible service accounts for Server administration (simplification of Group Policies and Security Group
- In conjunction with third party vendor, implementation of CyberArk for Ansible secret management.
The role requires a significant amount of co-ordination (with existing Ansible users), collaboration (with Ansible service owner) and administration activities (placing orders, change control, downtime notifications) in addition to technical expertise.
As such, this is not a pure technical role as it requires end-to-end responsibility without handoffs to another person/team to complete the co-ordination/ collaboration/ administration just described.
Qualifications and skills required to perform the work
- 3+ years' experience in server infrastructure deployment (Linux servers) and strong experience in Active Directory permissions models (Security Groups, Service Accounts, Group Policies).
- Knowledge of SCRUM methodologies (will be working using SCRUM).
If you have the skills and responsibilities for this position, please apply for the role via the link below or contact me for more information -
Contact - Chelsea Pak
Number - (08) 9423 1400
Job reference number - (213556)