Our client is seeking a mid to senior level Server Engineer to backfill into their Server team.
This is an enterprise environment with a Server Team that supports the entire server infrastructure which includes MS Server 2008R2 to 2012R2, HyperV, SCCM. One of these roles will work between the EUC group and the Server team so experience in Windows 10, Skype for Business and Citrix is ideal.
You will perform the function of Windows Server Engineer supporting this environment. You must have an excellent eye for detail, have outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide primary support to the Wintel environments both hardware & software
- Wintel infrastructure and support, consisting of the Wintel components and associated products
- Participate in various projects
- Ensure Data Centre Services Infrastructure is insulated from unauthorised access, virus infection or any security vulnerabilities
- Install, configure and commission new Wintel based infrastructure as required.
- Act as a Wintel escalation point and provide issue resolution to the IT Group as a whole.
- Log calls to external vendors for hardware and software issues.
- Provide regular review, analysis and reporting of server availability
- Create and maintain technical documentation for new installations and systems changes as required.
To be successful in this role you must have significant experience in:
- Microsoft Windows Server functionality
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration, Server 2008R2 and 2012
- Hyper V administration OR VMWare
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including System Centre (SCOM / SCCM / SCVMM)
- Excellent technical documentation skills
We are ready to hire now so to be considered apply NOW.