About the role
The role will have responsibility for Virtualisation systems across the organisation. This role will be responsible for the acceptance of the new data centre infrastructure
This role will support the Project to successfully stand-up applications in the new premises and work closely with other internal technical teams and business units to resolve any design and operational issues.
- Oversee all aspects including design, implementation, management and ongoing support of all Vmware, KVM and enterprise storage infrastructure.
- Ensure virtualisation and storage infrastructure are effectively maintained.
- Oversee all aspects of system administration and operations of all KVM, Hyper-V and VMware Infrastructure.
- Making sure that computer hardware and storage infrastructure related to the organization's data network are effectively maintained.
- Maintain cable patching within all data centre and communication facilities, ensuring patch panels and devices are clearly labelled.
- Comply, contribute, and adhere to system administration and security policies and guidelines.
- Provide support and administration to the technical infrastructure including:
- Virtualisation across KVM, VMware and Hyper-V
- Enterprise storage administration
- Operating System platforms - Windows, UNIX & Linux
- Mid‐Tier Infrastructure ‐ File & Print, DNS, DHCP, WINS & Citrix
- Internal Security Management ‐ Anti‐Virus & Operating System platform Patch Management
- Mail Messaging ‐ Microsoft Exchange
- Mail archiving platforms
- Enterprise backup administration and management
- Management and Monitoring of these systems
Skills and experience
- Significant administration, maintenance and support experience with proven expertise in KVM, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Significant administration, maintenance and support experience with proven expertise in Netapp and Nimble storage.
- Strong organization, project and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of system administration, security and operational processes and controls.
- Sound understanding of 2nd and 3rd level administration of Windows, VMWare and Linux operating systems.
- Solid knowledge of Windows clients, operating platforms.
- Knowledge and experience of virtualization infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS and IBM server infrastructure, disk and tape hardware.
- Solid knowledge and experience of Active Directory (Group Policy), Anti‐Virus and Scripting.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Neal on 0380807217 quoting the job title
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.