Peoplebank are exclusively partnering with an innovative Adelaide based software development company to recruit a Senior UX / UI Designer to join their thriving, profitable and growing company.
You will bring an attitude that champions the user's considerations and advocate for the user alongside the competing concerns of software development and client requirements. This will see you leading conversations with the team to solve user problems, bringing energy and enthusiasm for focusing on the user, and actively demonstrating solutions and seeking feedback on UX issues
The primary role is to design application interfaces, working in collaboration with the project manager, client and developers to help create an intuitive and delightful user experience. The position sits within a team of full-stack web developers. Design tasks are allocated to the team in collaboration with a project manager.
- Evaluate requirements with project manager and development team
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design user interface elements
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that illustrate how sites function and look
- Prepare and present rough drafts to the project team and clients
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Participate in team meetings, sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and support project managers in client meetings
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5 + years of experience in a user interaction (UI) or interface design role or equivalent.
- Experienced in both visual design and interactive design of user interfaces for responsive web based applications for desktop and mobile
- Understanding of front-end web standards
- Experienced in creating UX outputs including personas, scenarios, task flows, information architecture
- Highly proficient in visual design tools
- Experience creating interactive prototypes and using prototype tools
- Knowledge of analytics data tools, such as Google Analytics, and how to best leverage this data to understand customer behaviour and inform design solutions.
- Experience meeting with stakeholders to u understand requirements
- Able to facilitate a human-centred process
Desirable - not essential:
- Relevant tertiary design qualification
- Understanding of Lean product development such as Lean UX.
- Understanding of version control in GIT, testing automation, and deployment to environments (e.g. development, staging, production)
- Diverse background working in agency, corporate, and/or product company
For the successful candidate, there is an attractive remuneration package with flexible working arrangements to work from home or remotely as needed and on a regular basis. My client places focus on work-life balance by keeping to standard working hours, as well as a comfortable and casual approach to their work environment. The team enjoys a friendly and supportive environment that offers challenging work and interesting client projects.
They also support personal development, with a specific budget available for training and access to resources and subscriptions.
Please APPLY NOW and will call back all suitable candidates within 24 hours!
SA: LHS 296564