We are seeking Senior Technical Support Engineer to support and maintains the National Data Centre to ensure it works efficiently and that unscheduled business interruptions are minimized
In this role, you will
- Management of Data Backup systems (Currently Simpana Commvalt and use of DFS), offsite storage or replication of data and in the event of production database loss or corruption restoration of Data for National Environments.
- Assist with the Implementation of new infrastructure
- Pro-actively manage the rectification of faults
- BAU support and management of existing hardware
- Liaise and co-ordinate with Third Party support services, eg Lenovo, Cisco, etc
- Monitor maintenance schedules
- System Software
- Support and maintain the wide area network virtual environment (VMware)
- Ensure Infrastructure software is kept to the latest revision depending on Application and Hardware compatibility.
- BAU Support of System Applications and Tools, Eg AD, DFS, SQL, VMware, Citrix
- Research / Test / Evaluate system applications as requested.
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience working within Server Support / Maintenance
- Experience with the following Technologies
- Microsoft Windows Server (GPO's, etc)
- Microsoft SQL Server (Cluster Environments )
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Virtualization / VMware
- Data Backup and Replication Technologies
Apply now for immediate consideration and job description of this role at paul.vinay@ peoplebank.com.au. you can reach Paul on 02 6245 1725
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.