This backfill position is currently part of a rotation that supports customer facing infrastructure. This roles purpose will be to help support critical infrastructure both in our data centres and in the cloud. Managing virtual and physical servers. Including patching and incident response. There is some on-call requirement.
Key accountabilities are
- Implement and maintain production support services for corporate databases
- Provide technical resolution to database and database related problems
- Provide specialist technical support to critical business systems
- Implement strategies to make corporate data available, secure, recoverable and operating at peak performance
- Provide maintenance and support of corporate databases including back up, database optimising, reindexing, initiating recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
- Provide 24-hour 7 day enterprise systems and infrastructure support services, as appropriate
Monitor system performance and usage, including response times, to optimise the delivery of database services
- Provide high level technical support of enterprise systems and infrastructure, together with assistance to business users
- Provide enterprise system support and high level technical related advice to application developers
About the successful candidate:
- Strong experience in providing enterprise systems and infrastructure management services in a multi-vendor systems environment for a large organisation
- Demonstrated hands on experience with enterprise systems and infrastructure
- Strong experience in complex problem analysis and diagnostic tasks on systems processes, which will include but are not limited to, processes encompassing change management, capacity and performance management.
- Extensive technical support and resolution experience in managing complex technical enterprise systems problems
- Strong experience in implementing enterprise systems backup strategies and recovery plans
- Demonstrated ability in conducting periodic technical appraisal of systems status and integrity to ensure continued reliability of service and optimum performance
- Extensive experience with writing scripts for systems maintenance, data conversions, data extractions and replications
If this sounds like you, please Apply Now with your updated CV in WORD format.
For further information contact Sam Makdesi on 03 8080 7257 quoting reference #192798