The Senior Technical Engineering Expert manages and maintains all ICT platforms, including all technical landscape design, installation, configuration, deployment, technical security and operation of ICT components and databases.
The Senior Technical Engineering Expert uses their in-depth knowledge of specific ICT platforms to provide expert advice on the management and maintenance of those platforms. They will be required to work closely with key third party suppliers to ensure the provision of a robust infrastructure capability to the business and liaise with architecture and shared services areas to ensure the security of the day-to-day technical operations.
The Senior Technical Engineering Expert operates with a significant degree of independence and works under the broad guidance of a National Manager to deliver quality outcomes. They operate with a high level of autonomy, with decision-making highly dependent on their own judgement. In performing a leadership role, Senior Technical Engineering Experts identify and drive innovation, manage and lead change, and have an active role in contributing to and implementing the agency's strategic direction.
Key Tasks Duties may include:
High Level breakdown of MFA for SAP Mainframe:
- Responsible for producing design artifacts for implementing MFA
- Computer Associates (CA) Software is required to be installed in all the environments (Dev, Test and Prod). There is approximately 25 LPARs altogether between the 3 environments that will need this upgrade.
- Additional Development/Configuration and testing of all mainframe LPARs and servers
- Analysis of the user base i.e. system administrators/privileged users to be on MFA
- Rollout MFA to all system administrators/privileged users for SAP Mainframe.
- Other Mainframe delivery work as required.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstrate previous knowledge and experience of Mainframe Systems in a large organisation.
- Demonstrate good understanding of Australian Government ICT frameworks, legislation, policies, procedures, and information management requirements relevant to the Cyber Services.
- Demonstrates good understanding and working knowledge of Australian Government ICT processes in prioritising and diagnosing incidents according to agreed procedures in a large enterprise. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. Escalates unresolved incidents. Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures
- Must have SME knowledge of Mainframe SAP logging and MFA
- Intermit knowledge of Service Australia's mainframe SAP environment
- Excellent technical writing skills to be able to produce detailed technical artefacts
- Ability to collate and analyse complex user data models
- Mainframe software implementation and configuration skills and experience
For more information or to apply, please contact Smilin John on 02 6268 9720 quoting Job Reference: 214571