About the role
Our client is looking for an experienced Level 3, Senior Systems Engineer and Team Leader. The role will report direct to the CEO and will be initially responsible for managing the output of 3 or 4, Level 2 System Engineers/Network Engineers.
The role requires an individual who can work in collaboration with Sales, Solution Architects and Operational teams to consistently deliver quality implementations, migrations across Microsoft applications and technologies. Be effective in taking a High Level Design (HLD) and converting that into a Detailed Level Design (DLD) and provide leadership to deploy projects together with the team.
- Deep and demonstrable understanding of Microsoft modern desktop, server and cloud management capabilities and practices.
- Experience in End User Services and Server design, development and implementation covering the range of Microsoft technologies and operating systems. (On-Premise and Azure Cloud)
- Ability to create, articulate and document Detail Level Design (DLD).
- Understand requirements of a successful transition from project to BAU and the required supporting documentation
- Strong vendor management capabilities including scope definition / value for money / quality assurance
- Demonstrable experience in both software and hardware asset management lifecycles complete with cost modelling
- Familiar with a range of automation tools, the application of those in a Managed Services environment and how they support the environment.
- Experience in End User Services and Server design, development and implementation covering the range of Microsoft technologies and operating systems
- Technical escalation point for all Level 2
- Promote the further development and training of level 2, System Engineers.
Skills and experience
Ideally the successful candidate will have 5+ years of previous experience in a similar technical role within a professional services company with a broad range of expertise, including:
- Team and People management
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Office 365 Deployment and Migration
- Windows Server environments
- Public Cloud (Azure) and Hybrid Cloud Platforms
- Hyper-V and VMWare hypervisors
- Systems Design and Architecture
- Capacity Planning
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Australian driver's license
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Geordie McPherson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.