- Leading Educational provider
- Permanent Position
- Sydney CBD
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior System Engineer to join their IT and Digital Services Team. The System Engineer will be responsible for supporting the company's Infrastructure during its transition to Cloud.
- Support the provision of information and communication technology infrastructure
- Provide technical support to users in relation to applications and a wide variety of hardware and cloud-based solutions
- Interpret requirements of non-technical users in order to provide support and determine user requirements of new systems as well as communicate information to users in non-technical terms
- Provide essential systems operations, security and administration including, ensuring the provision of a high standard of customer service.
- Evaluate the suitability of existing packages in meeting system's requirements, undertake enhancements and modifications to existing systems in accordance with rigorous change management processes.
- Remain abreast of new technologies
The candidate (Essential)
Experienced Senior System Engineer with deep expertise in two or more of the following areas
- Server and storage administration and support
- Cloud technology administration and support (PaaS, IaaS)
- Network support and maintenance (inc wifi)
- IT Security operations
- Broad technical understanding across the entire IT stack (Microsoft)
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes and practices
- Basic cloud deployment experience / deployment model knowledge
- Ability to translate technical terms into easily understandable language, and experience developing technical documentation
- Demonstrable customer service skills
Experience working with DevOps automation tools when provisioning applications and infrastructure environments.
- Experience in the Higher Education Sector
- ITIL Accreditation.
- Knowledge of Organisation Change Management approaches such as ADKAR
- Knowledge and experience in the application of any of the following best practice methodologies (PRINCE2, Agile, TOGAF).
- Technical accreditations
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY
Reference: 197 486