Primary purpose of position
The Senior Systems Analyst will deliver relevant technology and product changes in line with the vision and strategic direction of the portfolio by developing and documenting requirements from key stakeholders, in conjunction with product owners. They are a conduit between the business units, internal, external stakeholders and solutions delivery teams.
The Senior Systems Analyst is expected to take a leadership role and ownership of the solution, problem solve, anticipate, and manage issues that might require escalation. Sr Systems Analysts liaise with key stakeholders across the Agency to develop a solid understanding of how the business is currently operating, future goals of the Agency to ensure solution meets the expected outcomes.
They will also liaise with other government agencies to understand dependencies and develop complex integrated solutions. In cooperation with Product Owners, they help apply these insights to tactical and strategic decisions that manifest change and ensure delivery.
Technology, Planning and Delivery branch are seeking experienced Senior Systems Analyst to be responsible for the successful planning and implementation of Digital solutions to support the overall business goals and objectives of the functional area. The Senior Systems Analyst exercises a considerable degree of independence, with decision-making substantially dependent on their high-level judgement and consideration of wider agency implications, with work being performed under the general guidance of senior staff. In performing a leadership role, they drive innovation, changes in workplace practices and organises work in the context of competing priorities and strategic direction.
They work closely with the Design team to deliver user-centric solution with the UX that will delight the user. The team also works closely with DPO (Delivery Management Office) and RMO (Release Management Office) to ensure projects are delivered in line with delivery and release governance frameworks. They will complete briefing for governance forums, including Executive Leadership Team to elicit direction or decisions required to complete the delivery of the solution.
- Analyze existing systems, applications, and functions to ensure strategic solution objectives are met.
- Analyze business processes; identify alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommend new approaches.
- Gather requirements using a range of sources such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis, and user journeys.
- Conduct analysis of business needs across a complex portfolio of initiatives in a diverse and geographically spread environment to ensure requirements are fully and accurately captured.
- Take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective
- business processes through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organizational change.
- Identify, develop, and implement business improvement opportunities on proposed and completed
- projects to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Apply industry standard and Agency approved frameworks and methodologies to drive increased maturity in internal processes in the areas of Business Analysis, Business Process Management, and solution delivery
- Prepare business cases to define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Broad experience as a Senior Business Analyst/or Systems Analyst, including development of detailed business and functional requirements, requirements traceability, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis, and user journeys and solution evaluation.
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication including report, briefing writing, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable products and understanding of the relevant sector
- Experience of facilitating collaborative work (e.g. workshops, brainstorming sessions).
- Requirement to obtain and maintain relevant national policy check, and security clearance in which Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
- Business analysis experience in a software development environment
- Health and Government Industry experience is desirable
- SDLC experience; Experience in AGILE project environments
- Capable of providing technical vision and drive to deliver innovative solutions.
- Awareness of a broad range of technologies and architectures including Web Services, HTML, XSLT
- CDA, FHIR, HL7, XML other messaging and telecommunications technologies
- Experience in QA or testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with visualization and process mapping tools like PowerPoint, illustrator, etc.
- Good understanding and hands on experience on MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, JIRA, Confluence
Tertiary level qualifications in Business, Science, Engineering or Economics or relevant industry experience
For more information or to apply, please contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: 239797