Our client is a progressive, well established, SME working to help businesses. They were stablished with the express purpose of supporting modern, innovative business models using technology and know-how that builds capability and creates opportunity for their clients. They have a platform-as-a-service offering capabilities across all functional domains from buy, through to order management, payments, and lifecycle management of the customer.
They are looking for a Senior Support Engineer to join their team. This role is diverse, coving a range of technologies. The role will offer a friendly culture, training and further development as the business is in growth mode and they definitely need the mindset of embracing change and help them scale.
As a Senior Support Engineer you will form part of the operations team and deliver back-end customer service. You will mainly be supporting the internal group across all their business applications but also assist with resolving issues raised by customer stakeholders and front-line customer service teams.
Specifically, you'll be responsible for:
- Level 3 support & ticket resolution;
- Vendor liaison;
- Network/Infrastructure escalating/liaison;
- System automation through scripting and IaC tools;
- Assisting with Reporting setup and queries;
- Liaising with the DevOps team regarding escalated issues, bugs and CR's;
- Help to identify areas of improvement to Prvidr's platform and processes;
- Assist with documentation of procedures and processes; and
- Ad-hoc systems administration tasks.
Key skills and experience required:
- Sound understanding of Linux (and Windows ideally)
- Scripting Automation (IaC)
- Understanding of AWS
- Good working knowledge of SQL (Postgres)
- Broad understanding of IT systems environment domains
- Technical and Business analysis capabilities
- Level of comfort with autonomy to choose best tools for the job
- Working within a team of system administrators
- Linux system administration
- SQL - PostgreSQL / MySQL / MariaDB (min 2 years working experience)
- Bash scripting
- AWS - EC2 & RDS (1 year min working experience)
- Ansible (1 year min working experience)
- Terraform, Cloud Formation (1 year min working experience)
- Sound understanding of GIT
- Junior development experience - preferred
- Python and/or Java- preferred
This is an opportunity to work with a growing business, expand your career and work within a flexible environment with a great culture. If you feel you'd be able to hit the ground running, please forward your application today. Please quote #241931 when applying.