Our client has a large presence within the Public Sector, they are currently seeking a Senior Support Developer to join on an initial 12-month contract.
The primary focus for this role is to develop and provide application support activities required. Unit testing and release of software code correcting any program defect (bug) released to production, including enhancements to existing solutions. Resolves technical development issues that may arise during the whole development lifecycle.
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Contribute to the maintenance, enhancement and development of our core products and services and adhere to development processes to ensure the delivery of quality solutions
- Ensure applications are well maintained to ensure availability, reliability, and performance.
- Perform modifications and enhancements to existing applications to improve the efficiency of operations
- Ensure appropriate unit testing is performed on every defect (bug) fix or program released to our production environment. Create concise and accurate documentation for bug fixes and/or changes implemented
- Liaise with Project Managers to ensure project technical requirements are met and provide 3rd level support as needed resolving all incidents and requests
To be successful for the role, you would ideally have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent with 5 years commercial IT experience in developing complex solutions.
- Development Languages/Tools/Frameworks (C#, VB, XML, T-SQL, .NET 3.5-4.5, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server 2005-2014, Entity Framework 5-6)
- Experience with development methodologies and software development life cycle approaches.
- Experience with Microsoft core desktop applications/Office Suite and Microsoft Operating systems (Windows 7, 8. x, 10 and Windows Server)
- Experience in working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on excellent service delivery in a rapidly changing environment. Proven ability to find the root cause and create solutions to complex problems
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Haniksha on (03) 8080 7225 and quote job #243328